Reflections arts PRogram
THE NATIONAL PTA REFLECTIONS PROGRAM is a nationally acclaimed student recognition program that encourages artistic creativity in the classroom and at home. Students of all grades and abilities may participate and explore the arts based on the 2022-2023 theme:
SHOW YOUR VOICE!
Students may choose one or all of the following creative arts categories:
All participants must follow the Reflections program rules provided below and consider the following criteria:
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
The arts — and the National PTA Reflections program — support student success and serve as a valuable tool for building strong partnerships in your school community. Celebrate arts learning in your school community with Reflections.
National PTA Reflections welcomes all grades and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts. Annually, thousands of students will reflect on a common theme and create original works of art in the categories of visual arts, dance choreography, photography, film production, literature, and music composition.
Take time to reflect on this year's theme (Show Your Voice!) and get creative! CLICK HERE to view past National PTA Reflections program Outstanding Interpretation Award winners for inspiration.
SUBMIT YOUR REFLECTIONS ENTRies
Students should follow their school's PTA deadlines and instructions on how to enter. The deadline for your school's Reflections Chair to submit winning entries electronically to European PTA is FEBRUARY 18, 2023, and Official Program Rules and Resources are available for download below.
rEFLECTIONS tHEME sEARCH cONTEST
JOIN THE SEARCH FOR A FUTURE REFLECTIONS THEME BY ENTERING THE ANNUAL PTA REFLECTIONS PROGRAM THEME SEARCH CONTEST!
- Student entry forms must be completed and submitted by Local PTA Units via email to EuropeanPTAReflections@gmail.com by NOVEMBER 1, 2022.
- One exceptional theme will be chosen by National PTA to inspire creativity for the 2024-2025 PTA Reflections program.
- CLICK HERE to view past National PTA Reflections Program themes.
Support the Arts in Education
KIDS NEED ART!
PTA believes all students deserve the opportunity to take part in the arts, both in school and in the community. The arts can positively affect entire school culture—especially student motivation, attitudes, and attendance—which encourages students to stay in school, succeed in school, succeed in work, and succeed in life!
HOW CAN I HELP?
You can help PTA ensure that every child has access to-and takes part in-high quality arts learning experiences by using materials and information in National PTA's ArtsEd Resources toolkit to grow family and community engagement for arts education in your school and community.