EuroPEAN PTA Scholarships
European PTA is committed to helping to make every child's potential a reality. That strong commitment extends to our students who move on to attain a solid post-secondary education, whether that's achieved through a college degree or through technical training and accreditation.
Each year, European PTA grants scholarships to deserving DoDEA-Europe eligible high school seniors to help them continue their educational journey. There are two types of EPTA scholarships offered annually:
European PTA and Michael J. Curley
Four-Year College Scholarships
Diana Ohman Technical School or Two-Year Accredited School Scholarships
These $500 SCHOLARSHIPS are available to graduating students who will be attending a technical school or a two-year accredited institution of higher learning in the fall semester of the next school year.
SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS AND INFORMATION
THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THE 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR IS MARCH 15, 2023. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
THE 2022-23 EPTA SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED COMPONENTS:
- One (1) Student Application Form
- One (1) School Counselor Form
- One (1) Student Transcript - School Counselors may submit student transcripts via the upload option on the School Counselor Form (preferred) or via email to EPTACommunications@gmail.com
- Two (2) Reference Forms - each applicant must have one (1) reference from a school counselor or educator and one (1) reference from another adult
OTHER IMPORTANT EPTA SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION:
- Scholarships will be awarded based on academic performance, demonstrated leadership capabilities, special talents, community service, and the required application essay.
- PTA volunteerism is strongly encouraged, and receives additional points in the scoring process. PTA volunteer experience does not need to be at the school you attend - it can be through a PTA or PTSA in your area (see the Membership tab at the top of the page to find a Local PTA Unit near you).
- PTA membership is required to be considered for European PTA scholarships. Membership can be through a PTA or a PTSA in your area (it does not need to be at the school you attend) or you can join PTA at the state level through European PTA. Proof of membership is required as part of the scholarship application.
- European PTA Scholarships are funded through fundraising activities, and the number of scholarships given each year is determined by funds that are raised. Additional scholarships may be available when outside grants and donations are received for that school year.
- Would you like to share information about European PTA Scholarships in your community? You can CLICK HERE to download and print an EPTA Scholarships information flyer.
- All questions regarding European PTA scholarship requirements and applications should be directed to the European PTA Awards and Scholarships Chair at EPTACommunications@gmail.com
All scholarship application form components can be accessed via the online European PTA Scholarship Application Portal at https://tinyurl.com/EPTAScholarships or https://forms.gle/bvWw4zYKCgyrKHrg9.